Thursday, August 5, 2010

Video Vixen Tawny Kitaen turns 49

Yikes...I actually thought she was older than that...but oh well...Happy Birthday Tawny Kitaen!  I remember watching MTV music videos since I can remember anything...I mean, I had to have been about 5 or 6 when I first got wind of these crazy things called 'music videos' on MTV...this is when Guns N Roses and Motley Crue were all over the place...not to mention the rest of the hair bands of the mid to late 80s.  I remember being told I wasn't allowed to watch MTV, but I did anyway.  I was very much a pop culture child and spent alot of time 'educating' myself.  I remember seeing the 'Here I Go Again' video featuring Tawny dancing and doing the splits all over the hood of a car and then I also remember seeing Warrant's 'Cherry Pie' video...now...I really wanted to be that chick (Bobbie Brown) in the Cherry Pie video...having no idea what the song actually meant...I just thought it looked like fun to be "the girl" in a music video.  I still think it looks like fun (don't judge!). In fact, its one of the things on my bucket list...will it ever happen?  Doubtful.  But a girl can dream.  Now...if we could just make that a Bon Jovi video that would be super.  Powers that be....GET TO WORK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment