Saturday, June 5, 2010

2010 MTV Movie Awards Nominees

MTV has listed their categories for tomorrow's live broadcast of the 2010 Movie Awards...generally this awards show is for those who could never "make it" in an Oscar race...so usually its pretty easy to pick who the winners might be...although occasionally a few curveballs are thrown...I've taken a look at some of the categories and here are some of my picks...I may be way off or I may be right on...we shall see tomorrow night...any thoughts???

Best Breakout Star Nominees
Anna Kendrick--Up in the Air
Chris Pine--Star Trek
Gabourey Sidibe--Precious
Logan Lerman--Percy Jackson and the Olympians (??)
Quinton Aaron--The Blind Side
Zach Galifianakis--The Hangover
**I've got to give this one to Zach Galifianakis.  The Hangover IS the epitome of MTV and its viewers.  He's my bet on this category, however, I think if an upset were to occur it would go to Quinton Aaron for the Blind Side.  Just my thoughts.  WHO is Logan Lerman??

Best Female Performance
Amanda Seyfried--Dear John
Emma Watson--Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince
Kristen Stewart--The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Sandra Bullock--The Blind Side
Zoe Saldana--Avatar
**Hmm...my gut is telling me that this one will go to Kristen Stewart, HOWEVER...it could go to Sandra Bullock, however I'm doubting that simply because she walked away with the Oscar, but it wouldn't surprise me if that happened.  Or the dark horse in this category could be Zoe Saldana since Avatar got screwed at the Oscars. 

Best Male Performance
Channing Tatum--Dear John
Daniel Radcliffe--Harry Potter *& The Half Blood Prince
Robert Pattinson--The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Taylor Lautner--The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Zac Efron--17 Again
**I laughed when I saw Zac Efron was in this category...My gut is telling me Robert Pattinson has this one and that Twilight will sweep this awards show.  I hope thats not the case and honestly I COULD see Channing Tatum taking this.  Maybe the voters are sick of Twilight...we can only hope. 

Best Movie
Alice in Wonderland
Avatar
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Hangover
Twilight-New Moon
**I hope and PRAY this does not go to New Moon...I have a hunch it may go to The Hangover.  But I could also see Avatar snagging this since it wasn't so lucky at the Oscars this year.  We'll have to wait and see won't we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment