Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Precious' Mom Can SANG!!!

For those of you that missed America's Got Talent last night, you missed a pretty amazing audition.  Since I never watch the show and just happened to turn it on while waiting for General Hospital to come on (don't judge!) I really don't know anything else about it other than this performer I just happened to witness.  This is Miss Alice Tan Ridley, the mother of Gabourey Sidibe who starred in Precious.  I was amazed by what I heard and her story is sweet as well.  She's been singing in the NYC subways for years and never got discovered.  Seems like a sweet lady who may just get her big break.  If nothing else, she's an internet sensation today and she blew the judges away last night AND got a standing ovation mid-song as well as at the end.  Here's the video! Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment