Friday, June 25, 2010

A Year Without Michael...

I honestly cannot believe its been one full YEAR since Michael Jackson died.  I think thats going to be one of those moments where you never forget exactly where you were and what you were doing...much like people who remember when Elvis died.  I know I was on a treadmill in the gym and when the breaking news came on over the show I had been watching, I nearly fell down and flew off that treadmill! (I wouldn't actually accomplish that embarrassing moment until several months later, and I have the scars to prove it.)  Anyway, I remember being absolutely shocked.  Then, as more and more news came out, I wasn't so shocked.  It still didn't seem quite real though and watching his memorial from the Staples Center was nothing short of surreal for anyone that grew up with his music, his dance moves and his persona in general.  It was strange.  SO....the King of Pop has been gone a year....raise a glass, or a sparkly glove, hell, do the Thriller in your office for a minute.  Remember the greatest pop artist of our generation.  May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment