Thursday, June 10, 2010

War of the Weirdos

Let me be the first to say that I personally love BOTH Katy Perry and Lady GaGa.  HOWEVER...that being said...Gaga's new video for 'Alejandro' is causing quite the stir...but not for the controversial reasons you'd think....sure it's got alot of religious references such as GaGa wearing a leather nun habit and putting rosary beads in her mouth and I think I saw a flaming crucifix in there somewhere....I'm not a fan of this kind of setting for a music video not so much for religious purposes (although I certainly don't condone it and think its rather tasteless) but because its been DONE BEFORE.  Hello, Madonna's Like a Prayer video anyone?  In this case, I think Gaga went TOO over to the crazy side.  The men dressed as women, the heart with the spear through it.  Weird.  ANYWAY...my point of this post is now Katy Perry has begun a bit of a war of words with Ms. Gaga via Twitter (of course) stating that "using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke."  I have to agree with Katy on this one.  Although she's 'out there' as well.  That being said...I love both of them as artists and appreciate the talent and creativity but the video for 'Alejandro', while I DO love the song (even though it has a heavy Ace of Base feel to it) was just too much for me...and thats saying alot.  Just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment