Wednesday, June 16, 2010

And THIS, boys and girls, is why I adore James Franco....

TV Guide Magazine recently sat down with this guy to get inside his head and find out what really makes him do the things he does.  By Hollywood standards, he's extremely unconventional and non-conformist...alot of people question his motives...but I think he's just plain smart.  (And hot...but thats beside the point.) Here's a snippet of the article.  You can click on the link below it to the full article:

"TV Guide Magazine: I’m guessing that most of your movie-star pals would consider it ridiculous — if not downright suicidal — to take a role on a daytime soap. What makes you so different?


Franco: I’ve come to realize that maybe this is my only life, so I’m pursuing everything I’m interested in.

TV Guide Magazine: Still, you seem to find value in even the slimmest of experiences, like when you cameo’d as yourself in a game-show sketch on Saturday Night Live and didn’t have a single line of dialogue. You’ve done countless movies without a screen credit. You put your film career on hold to go back to college. You do not go with the flow.

Franco: I went back to school because I wanted to pursue writing. Rather than trying to do it solo, I needed to be around other serious writers. That’s why I go on SNL to try comedy, because those are some of the funniest people around. Why not work with the best?

TV Guide Magazine: Were you raised to be this open and experimental? Is it a Franco family trait?

Franco: My parents didn’t consciously infuse that kind of thing. But they met when they both were art majors at Stanford. My mother’s been an author of children’s books. She’s now a novelist for young adults. My grandmother and my uncle are art dealers. So I grew up around the art world and I’ve been branching out and trying new things since I was a teenager.

TV Guide Magazine: Why do you get off on GH? What’s in it for you?

Franco: I’m very grateful for my acting career but six or seven years ago I came to understand that acting in film is all about the director. And that’s fine. I have accepted that. But I know that I might never feel a sense of creative ownership working that way. I can feel good about working with a great director but at the end of the day I’m still helping him achieve his vision. So I needed something else. I need outlets where I can feel more a part of the creative core, and I found that at GH."

To read the full article go to:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/James-Franco-General-1019624.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment